Monday, May 28, 2018

From Doctor to Masterchef

Assalamualaikum and hye everyone.
Sollu a'lan nabi.

We nearly reach half month of Ramadan. I wish everyone good health and calm heart to beribadah despite your busy schedule. How about your Ramadan goal(s)? Hopefully all is well. Let's continue the spirit to do as much good as possible and our momentum to have more taqwa and khusyu. Btw, to those who haven't had any goal, it's still not too late guys! May you find one that will benefit you as a servant. Enjoy this Ramadan to the fullest time really really flies eh eh esok raya. Gitu. So make sure to properly make time for yourself to worship more. Please note that I didn't only mean solat when I mentioned worship ok. It can be in any form as how you like it.

*****

Today mak asked me to cook tuna. Usually she will tell me what to cook but this time she asked 'nak buat apa erk tuna?' and then she went to sleep as she was all drained doing groceries. I was alone.thinking.hard. I have nooo idea what to do as I've never cooked tuna before. Why la so many thing I cannot do. Sebelum ni masak merah (nasib sekarang dah power *clap*), ni tuna la pulakkk. But let's not worry, google is sometime a blessing guys. Haha. After 15 minutes of scrolling and investigating (any recipe that takes time was rejected. Refer previouss post) I finally found a recipe. Maybe not new for you but come on, please welcome this newbie ok people?

It was Tuna masak lada putih!

Never heard of it and tok asked me twice to confirm it. Yes tok, your cucu like new thing like that.

Thanks god, it was a very very simple recipe and as a rebel will always rebel, I modified it and made it even simpler. Haha. So all you need are...

-Garlic
-Onion
-Ginger
-White pepper
-Cabai burung (mende tah english dia btw original one dont include this but I letak because my family like pedas-pedas sikit)
-Tamarind (the original recipe put asam keping but I think tamarind give better taste)
-Salt

This is how you do it:

Crush all first four ingredients. Fry them (jangan sampai hangit takkan ni pun taktau kan), put water (however much you need) and lastly tamarind (not too much otherwise it is no different than masak cuka), cabai and salt.

Voila Masak Lada Putih done!!!

Kann I said, very simple one. I don't like serabut. But then I woried :'D. My first masak lada putih. How would it taste like? Since I was to worried with the result, I just let it sit on the pan until my mom came and she served it on the table. I wanted to hide it (konon-konon). As it happened that way, I forced my sisters to try it. But she refused. Grrr. And during breakfast time, I forced everyone to give it a try and guess the recipe maybe I need to do better next time. Then there mak said to tok 'Mak rasa ni mak. Sedap ni,' Walaweh I smiled ear to ear hahaha. No lah, I hid my smile but my heart grew bigger already. Hiks. Thanks everyone for liking my masak lada putih eventhough I don't like it quite bit because it taste soooo common. Sobs. Anyway, I taknak bongkak bulan Ramadan ni but I think I can be a masterchef. Haha. Next time I want to put lemongrass. I think the taste and smell better with it. Next time tu maybe next year k. Thanks for understanding.

And thanks for reading. You can try for berbuka tomorrow ;)

P/s: Do share your favourite recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment